Compact bound semi dry screeded bedding layer?

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
OuterSpaceHopper

Compact bound semi dry screeded bedding layer?

Hi Folks,

Q1) Will I need to compact my bound bedding layer with a whacker plate? Could I(a weakling!) manage with my 10 inch earth rammer hand tool or should I hire the whacker plate out again to get the job done properly?

The details are as follows.

Back garden patio for light use only.
Standard 4 size indian riven sandstone(from 300x200 upto 900x600) 25mm thick
I have already excavated to hard ground, land drain installed, installed terram non woven geofabric with 85mm of well whackered crusher run over the top.
50 square meters.
bond bridge primer will be used on the slabs
The screed depth will be between 20mm and 70mm to obtain a gradient. I'm planning to screed the bedding layer.
1:8 cement to sharp sand as the bedding layer.

I know the gradient should really be established on the crusher run layer, but the family member I'm doing this for is not keen to buy more crusher run as we already have had an excess of sand and cement delivered.

Q2) Can anyone advise if using the bound screeded bedding layer to establish the 1:80 gradient fall will work out OK?

Apologies if these questions have been answered on the website or this forum already, I've been reading for a couple of dozen hours and am still none the wiser about compacting a bound bedding layer. I have no experience to inform me if a slight gradient on the bound bedding layer will be OK. Many thanks for any advice!

Many thanks also for such an amazing website from a very grateful DIYer!