Couple of GFTK VDW Queries

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
rautospoon

Couple of GFTK VDW Queries

Hi.

1. Is the application of VDW 950 Stone Protect (prior to jointing with VDW 850 PLUS) worthwhile of consideration ? I will probably be using a quality sandstone from either London Stone or Global Stone.

2.The patio will be "edged" with a single row 100mm x 100mm sandstone setts and the same will be used to form a 800mm wide path leading from the patio to a shed and as a "double row mowing strip" defining the boundary between lawn and flower beds. To avoid waste (VDW 850 PLUS is hellish expensive) and to make a nice neat professsional job, what is the recommended method of preventing the jointing material "splurging through" the "edge gaps" between the setts ? . If tape is the answer, could a specific type/make/reference number be recommended ?

Many thanks for any advice which is much appreciated.

rautospoon

Re: Couple of GFTK VDW Queries

Somewhat disappointing, not a single reply ! Surely someone can assist or has the Forum lost its appeal ?

Paul Miller

I actively used this forum 15 years ago when constructing a DIY block paving driveway and it seemed to be very active with lots of advice. I'm back again as I am now embarking on my last big project but all that seems to be here now is tumbleweed. Where has everyone gone?

dig dug dan

Had trouble logging in to this new forum, so was inactive for ages. Hopefully back up and running now, but I think others have suffered a similar fate!
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk
"a satisfied customer? we should have them stuffed!"

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

hi Rauto
probably busy
also the issues with uploading photos for me at least has not gone away
I use aluminum tape for patio edging to retain compound
cheers LLL