DPC Provisions

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
Seletar

DPC Provisions

Excellent site, and I shall keep my question short. I have read the excellent section on DPC extensively. My contractor found that on excavating the site the foul drainage pipe was too close to the surface to allow a sufficient height of 150mm between the patio and DPC and has raised the patio to the same level of the DPC along the entire rear wall of my house leaving it a millimetre, or two, higher than the brickwork at the bottom of the patio doors. The only provision he is making is a 100mm width gravel track draining to the soil with no kerb unit or edging. I have told him this is not acceptable and offered to pay for additional work based on your excellent workarounds, but he does not wish to spend the extra time on site (bigger more profitable projects). I have referred him to your advice pages. Is this a reasonable position for me to take?

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

Re: DPC Provisions

hmm that sounds odd
what was there before?
and do you have a picture?
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE