Jointing old bricks

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
mickavalon

Jointing old bricks

Morning folks
I'm going to be constructing a drive for a client using existing 10"x5" Blue staffs 4"brick pavers, Maltese cross types. The area will only total 35m2, and only 25m2 will actually be driveway, the rest being level changes(steps :P sorry) and brick planting beds. My question is, given we'll lay the pavers on a semi wet bed over MOT, with or without joints? My gut is with joints, minimum 5mm, due to the blocks not being exact regular dimensions, like modern manufactured blocks, so then what would people here recommend jointing with?
Polymers don't seem to take well to vehicles, but worried that something like Flowpoint might cause more mess, especially with the fine detail of the bricks surface?
I had contemplated minimum joints and trying one of the alleged wash in jointing polymers, but then I realised that was wishful thinking, the bricks can't be whackered and there's no way that stuff ever works.
Gi it sum ommer

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

Re: Jointing old bricks

can you not lay them like bricks with a bucket of 3:1 mortar and joint them up as you go Mick?
still use the same bedding?
vdw 815 or romex D1 will work out expensive
also if they are proper blue staffs and acid clean wont destroy them at the end if you use mortar
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

mickavalon

Re: Jointing old bricks

Good point(🤣🤣🤣sorry), splosh some SBR in the muck and batch mix for colour.....why didn't I think of that? Too used to using bloody slurries. Cheers mukka :wink:
Gi it sum ommer