dog urine

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
jay

dog urine

hello we have block pavers in an area of our garden were our dog use to toilet the area was washed everyday, we lost our dog a few weeks back and have noticed that the pavers have white around them i have used a jet wash but it hasnt removed it which it as in the past, is there anything else i could try a friend mention brick acid but would that damage the pavers

Tony McC
Site Admin

Re: dog urine

Have you tried a mild detergent such as Johnson's Baby Shampoo, with warm water?

Soak the affected paving, but don't allow it to dry on the surface before rinsing off with clean, cold water.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

jay

thanks for reply no i have not tried baby shampoo, i have tried washing up liquid and also white vinegar but they have not worked the pavers have like an hard crust around them like hard cement would a brick acid damage the bricks i was going to try everbuild cemstrip as its eco friendly
thanks

Tony McC
Site Admin

"Eco Friendly" is not the same as 'Paver Friendly' - more often than not, it's a wholly meaningless claim for marketing purposes.

Keep "Brick Acid" well away from any concrete pavers. It damages the paving in ways you may not see, but it's quite likely you *will* see the way it changes the colour thanks to its effect on the dyes used to create those colours.

Is what you see efflorescence? Do you have photies?

https://www.pavingexpert.com/eff01

jay

how do i add a picture

Tony McC
Site Admin

Read the FAQ - app.php/help/faq#f3r3