Tarmac stones lifting in heat - faulty?

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
pfm401

Tarmac stones lifting in heat - faulty?

Hello

I posted previously about a tarmac drive I had installed in September 2020. We were not particularly happy with it; it sunk in one place and the finish looked "open" and "rocky".

Since April every time there is sun parts of it go a bit soft and stones come loose, with sticky tar on them. I've attached a picture.

My wife wonders if this is normal and just a feature of first summer, like surface stones coming loose. I'm concerned there's something wrong with the installation and it will wear really quickly.

Does anyone have any views on this?

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP ... aqPS2ZqOXW

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipN ... mQjooatcXv
Paul

Tony McC
Site Admin

Re: Tarmac stones lifting in heat - faulty?

Is it just me having trouble accessing these links to Googly Drive or is anyone else struggling? That's three posts now where I can't open the links!

Anyway: this FAQ may be the answer you need.... Soft and Sticky Blacktop
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

IanMelb
Site Admin

I can't access them either. I don't think it's the forum software as the actual links don't appear to be truncated

Bob_A

Only a guess but the url is not all there? Something is missing and it's been replaced by three dots in a row, maybe while cutting and pasting?
As I say only a guess