Clean tombermore

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
jwill

Clean tombermore

Got some tobermore concrete block paving the one which actually looks like it's been painted for the top half inch.
Anyway I've stained it accidentally with the stuff you use to black your car plastics.
You can't see the stains when dry only when wet. I want to seal it though so need to get these stains off. I've tried fairy and a stiff brush. Do we think coke would be worth a try?

Tony McC
Site Admin

Re: Clean tombermore

That's not staining at the top of the blocks: they are a Face Mix product, as explained here.....

https://www.pavingexpert.com/blocks#facemix

...which is the manufacturing technique used in most parts of the world.

As for the car spray staining, you would need to check with the spray manufacturer regarding what is used as a solvent and then trial it on a very small, discreet area.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

jwill

thanks. It's not a spray paint as such which has done the staining i don't think it's solvent based. It comes out like a white liquid similar to polish in a hand spray bottle.

Would coke/cola damage the colour of the paving?

Tony McC
Site Admin

The science behind Cola as a cleaner is the relatively high phosphoric acid content, which is known to 'clean' some stains without damaging cementitious products.

You could give it a try, but as I've just said in another post, don't allow it to dry on the surface and rinse off with clean, cold water.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert