Unknown pcc block - Can anyone help identify these blocks?

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
JGardner

Hi all, does anyone know who/where manufacture these PCC units?
they're 195x95x65mm deep. mock Staffordshire Blues
J Gardner

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

never seen them in that size depth
baggeridge used to do some lovely blenheim blues but the 65mm is european standard,have you tried weinergerger?
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Tony McC
Site Admin

They're the more modern version of a diamond or stable paver (terminology varies between the two remeining manufacturers). They look, at a distance, like the Baggeridge/Wienerbnerger version.

Intended to be laid unbound and suitable for vehicles, they remain a reasonably popular choice in West Midlands towns for details such as vehicle crossings. As lovely as they are, they don't compare to those made from the Etruria Marl which are brrndled with hues from reds, to brownns, blues, charcoals and even, occasionally, a dash of cream.

Site Agent - Pavingexpert

JGardner

Tony McC wrote:They're the more modern version of a diamond or stable paver (terminology varies between the two remeining manufacturers). They look, at a distance, like the Baggeridge/Wienerbnerger version.

Intended to be laid unbound and suitable for vehicles, they remain a reasonably popular choice in West Midlands towns for details such as vehicle crossings. As lovely as they are, they don't compare to those made from the Etruria Marl which are brrndled with hues from reds, to brownns, blues, charcoals and even, occasionally, a dash of cream.

Thanks,
the ones photo'd however are PCC, and not clay.
J Gardner

Tony McC
Site Admin

I don't think they are concrete. I've never seen a concrete version, indeed, there wouldn't be any call for a concrete version. What makes you think they are concrete?

On the photie you posted, one block can be seen with a missing corner and the internal matrix of the broken paver very definitely looks like fired clay rather than a mixed aggregate concrete.

JGardner

Tony McC wrote:I don't think they are concrete. I've never seen a concrete version, indeed, there wouldn't be any call for a concrete version. What makes you think they are concrete?

On the photie you posted, one block can be seen with a missing corner and the internal matrix of the broken paver very definitely looks like fired clay rather than a mixed aggregate concrete.

Hi Tony,
I think the broken one is red herring as this was a different unit.
https://ibb.co/6gQnXnc
I thought I could see aggregate through the side where they'd been knocked, but there is a definite glaze to the side, which as you say would suggest them being clay.
J Gardner

Tony McC
Site Admin

That close-up confirms it: they are definitely clays - that's Etruria Mark they're made from, so distinctive!