Limestone driveway

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
Rhys

I'm after some advice with how to do my driveway. I've got an area approx 4.5m x 3.5m and was thinking of laying limestone chippings to complete it. I have dug the area and removed a load of soil to make room for whatever is going in.

My current plan is to order a bulk bag of MOT type 1 and a bulk bag of 20mm limestone chippings to go on top.

1) I have dug out soo many broken bricks and taken out some concrete edging which I now need to do something with. I've also got a bunch of broken paving slabs to get rid of too. Could I lay all this down as hardcore to replace the MOT type 1?

2) Are 20mm limestone chippings a good idea for a driveway? I'm after it being easy to do and fairly straightforward. Would they need compacting with a whacker plate?

I am on a budget with this so trying to do it the most cost effective way. Was thinking initially of concreting the whole area but not feeling confident enough to get it right with drainage etc...

Any help greatly appreciated!

Tony McC
Site Admin

Site Agent - Pavingexpert