Thompsons one coat patio and block paving seal

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
r4vvm

Is this sealant any good Thompsons One Coat Patio and Block Paving Seal

I have seen someone seal a new black limestone patio with it and it looks really good and brings out the black limestone colour but not sure if it is long lasting and will cause issues in the future.

Anyone used it or have any views on this product for black limestone?

RAPressureWashing

Total rubbish product and seriously not for Limestone. Avoid it like the plague.
Roger Oakley BDA(Europe)Member 2006
R&A Pressure Washing Services Ltd
info@rapressurewashing.co.uk
www.rapressurewashing.co.uk

r4vvm

R&A Pressure Washing wrote:Total rubbish product and seriously not for Limestone. Avoid it like the plague.
Which product would you recommend?

Seen the curse of black limestone post. Is Weiss FT Plus still the best product to get?

RAPressureWashing

Not used the Weiss FT Plus, but they are a good brand have used some of their other products. I use Miracle 511 enhance & seal, but I think they have stopped importing to the UK, have a look at Tiling Logistics web-site, they may still have some stock left?, it is where I get any natural stone products from, so would be worth having a look at what sealers they have, if you give them a call speak with either Tony or Kevin Martin, as they would send a sample out, might be a small charge for it?
You also have Dry-Treat, Lithofin as brands to consider.
Roger Oakley BDA(Europe)Member 2006
R&A Pressure Washing Services Ltd
info@rapressurewashing.co.uk
www.rapressurewashing.co.uk

MKspurs

Don’t get it. Absolutely awful stuff. We used it as the reviews was good and with in days white marks were appearing. Scrubbed it off those slabs but didn’t bother on the other bits as was a bit of hard work and low and behold it’s happened on the rest of the patio.

Complained to the company and got a full refund.

r4vvm

MKspurs wrote:Don’t get it. Absolutely awful stuff. We used it as the reviews was good and with in days white marks were appearing. Scrubbed it off those slabs but didn’t bother on the other bits as was a bit of hard work and low and behold it’s happened on the rest of the patio.

Complained to the company and got a full refund.
any recommendations on other products to use?

Bob_A

Do a search on here and you'll be hard pushed to find a good word said about Thompsons. What you will find is many threads asking for help after it has been used.

I'd take R&A's advice as he knows his stuff but expect to pay a small fortune on a good quality product. Too expensive for me I've left my patio unsealed

Search for Thompsons

This might be useful.
LINK

Tony McC
Site Admin

Apologies for being late to this - had all sorts of health issues with angina during the heatwave and now an arthritic knee that is driving me mad with pain.

Cue another letter from their lawyers.......Or Thompson's Patio Ruiner as I like to call it! :p
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

Neobot

If you're still looking....

After looking at Tony's trials I went for Lithofin MN stainstop plus for my blue limestone in May. It looks as good as the day I sealed it and cleans well. I used a dishwashing sponge to apply it.

r4vvm

Neobot wrote:If you're still looking....

After looking at Tony's trials I went for Lithofin MN stainstop plus for my blue limestone in May. It looks as good as the day I sealed it and cleans well. I used a dishwashing sponge to apply it.
Thanks - do you have any pictures you can send. Would love to see what it looks like?

Neobot

There is a very low sheen to it. It's almost magical to clean, all dirt and grime just slides off.

Here you are:

r4vvm

Neobot wrote:There is a very low sheen to it. It's almost magical to clean, all dirt and grime just slides off.

Here you are:
Looks nice, I am ideally after something that will make it more darker.

Tony McC
Site Admin

It's good to hear that my trials are being validated in "the real world" :~)
Site Agent - Pavingexpert