Patio costings - What does labour cost

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
robm1762

I had a quote the other day for a patio. The patio is simple shape big rectangle middle of the house and 1.6m x 4m path either side - total size 60m2

If you work on the assumption that the site is correctly prepared for sub-base what would be the estimate in Man Hours for the labour ONLY to put down the subbase / laying course and slabs (in random pattern as created by the Paving Expert) and pointing.

Just trying to get an idea of whether the quote I've had is reasonable.
Thanks
Rob
RobM North east scotland

Tony McC
Site Admin

It's a very easy 3-4 days for a two-operative gang

Mind you, there's been a crowd installing roughly the same sort of area of very, VERY cheap wet cast flags to the house across the road (neighbour chose not to take my advice) and they have now been there two full weeks, 7-days a week, some evenings until dark. The public footpath and highway are a mess; there's crap, debris, rubble all over the driveway, and not a single shovelful of sub-base has been used. God alone knows what they are doing....the young lass they have working for them seems to spend most of her day trying to get into the pants of the labourer who I assume to be her 'fellah'. Very professional!
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

robm1762

Thanks! On that basis I think £4k labour is a bit OTT unless the going rate for a labourer and builder really is £1000 per day!:laugh:
RobM North east scotland

Tony McC
Site Admin

If it was, I might be tempted to make a miraculous recovery and go back on the tools! :D
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

yellowduck

Tony McC wrote:..the young lass they have working for them seems to spend most of her day trying to get into the pants of the labourer who I assume to be her 'fellah'. Very professional!
Sounds like someone may be feeling their age.....😂😂