Paving flags direct from manufacturer - Paving flags advice

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
mark1976

Looking for advice, I bought 46 riven charcoal paving slabs direct from a manufacturer as most of the garden centres close to me do not have any in stock due to the lockdown.

I arranged for collection and delivery myself as the supplier could not get them to me for a few weeks, I unloaded them one by one as there is no access to my yard for the trailer.

When I opened the bale the 1st slab was perfect but all the rest where marked and looked like the die had run in them.

I contacted the manufacturer and they said that it is just "everessence and the salt in the cement is a natural process and will eventually fade out".

Can you please advise if this is true, I dont want to lay them if they will remain like this, this is the 1st time I have bought them direct from a manufacturer, I have always bought from the local hardware store and never seen anything like this. thanks in advance Mark . I cant seem to upload the pics but I can email them if you can take a look for me
MOC

Tony McC
Site Admin

It could well be the truth, but without seeing what you have, we can't be sure.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

mark1976

Tony McC wrote:It could well be the truth, but without seeing what you have, we can't be sure.
Tony any idea how i can upload a photo from my phone when i click image it asks me for a url
MOC

mark1976

https://ibb.co/z5Mgm1H

Photo of paving flags
MOC

dig dug dan

I have seen this time and time again. It's where the slabs have rubbed against each other in transit. it's actually a bit sloppy as normally there is some kind of protection between each slab.
I wouldn't worry too much, it will fade and disappear from experience
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk
"a satisfied customer? we should have them stuffed!"

mark1976

dig dug dan wrote:I have seen this time and time again. It's where the slabs have rubbed against each other in transit. it's actually a bit sloppy as normally there is some kind of protection between each slab.
I wouldn't worry too much, it will fade and disappear from experience
Thanks dig dug dan, local hardware shop told me to put salt away on them also
MOC

Tony McC
Site Admin

Salt? ? ? On concrete? ? ? Oh...for the second time this morning....FFS!!!

Nothing destroys concrete quicker than salt.

Just out of interest, why on earth would you take paving advice from a hardware shop? Did you not think to ask at the launderette? :p
Site Agent - Pavingexpert