New house - land drainage problems in back garden

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
New home buyer

I bought a new build house last year, and since september I've been having problem with water streaming onto my newly laid extended patio from the lowest pints - where Ive dug borders out at the side. I have 2 pools of water on my patio when it rains After a discussion with the house builder it seems I have 3 land drains installed, which I wasn't aware about before I had my patio flag extended. My garden is on a gradient towards the house. The house buyers are saying that because I have put paving flag over one of the land drains its now redundant - so its my fault and responsibility, however the grass in front of the so called now redundant land drain is not water logged, its just at the sides where the 2 other lands drains are. Can anyone advise if building over a garden land drain by about 2 small flags can make it redundant?
Vicky

Tony McC
Site Admin

The short answer is a very definite "no", and I think the longer answer involves these "builders" extracting urine.

Tell them you'll be bringing a drainage consultant in and, if it's found that their inadequate and/or shoddy work is the cause of the problem, you'll be on to your lawyer and the NHBC.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

AmazingGarden

Given my experience of builders and developers 'putting in' drainage it is usually a pipe buried about 200mm below the ground with many falls and connected to nothing.
I spoke with the NHBC about drainage for a client and they told me that is only covers flooding up to 3m around the house and there are restrictions if you area clay soil.
Is it covered??
Do it once and do it right

Tony McC
Site Admin

Is there a more useless, less effective, organisation than NHBC? The whole thing is a waste of food! A cosy club run by builders/developers for the benefit of builders/developers and to protect them against any claim from those pesky house buyers.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert