Drainage arrangement - New patio in my garden

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
diyamateur

Good Afternoon every body, i m in quiet a dilemma. I am installing porcelain patio in the back garden. Because of the slop of my garden i thought the patio will have fall toward the house and i was going to sort that issue out by the means of drain channel. how ever today i have string lined everything(Please see picture with orange string and its at 44 MM above the the back line 1:80 fall over 3.5meters) and it stays significantly higher than my to be lawn area, i don,t want a step i want patio flush to lawn area and it seem that from house to patio area my fall will have to be against the house and from back of the garden the lawn are will have fall towards patio. so it makes the edge where patio meet the lawn the lowest point in my garden do i need to worry about drainage then and if i m having fall of patio away from the house do i really need to use the channel drain can you guys please explain me how can i tackle this. generally i never get water logged in my garden it drains very nicely. i have attached the pics to give better idea . if any question or more info needed please ask i have got lots of pictures.Few Pictures

dig dug dan

If the patio drains to the lawn, then I really wouldn't worry. We do this all,the time, and provided it's not heavy clay, will not cause issue.
As to step to the lawn, can you not build up the lawn against the patio to create a smooth transition?
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk
"a satisfied customer? we should have them stuffed!"

diyamateur

Hello Dan thank you for your response I always wanted smooth transition that's why first I thought I will need it falling towards the house but spirit level suggested that I'll have slope away from the house onto lawn which is ideal I was just concerned will I need to put drainage where lawn meets the patio and fall on patio will be 1:80 away from the house and it'll still flush to lawn. My garden generally drains very very well anyway so I take I need not worry about the drain if waters running from patio to lawn.

dig dug dan

Looking at the size of the area, it's nothing to worry about!
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk

diyamateur

thanks a lot

diyamateur

My next question is I'll be connecting back my down pipe to the underground SW drain pipe now the end where the pipe connects to bottle gully is too high, I don't have much clearance in terms of height how do I lay hardcore n get compaction where the pipe is. And where pipe meets boolttle gully how to go on about bedding and porcelain slabs as I'll be resting just on top of pipe??? Please see pics
underground pipe

dig dug dan

Encase the pipe with concrete to final compaction level that the sub base will be, then lay on top of that. I have had to do this on many an occasion, and has never given an issue
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk

diyamateur

Hello Dan should I have concrete under for bedding in place of pea gravel and over the top too? And should I have it encased and harden few days before I'm making a subbase? Or shall I do subbase first get to right level and leave a trench for the concrete encasing for the pvc pipe?

dig dug dan

Sub base first, compact to levels, then encase the pipe in concrete. No need to have concrete underneath, onto and round the sides will be sufficient.
Let it set for a week before you start laying on top
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk