Non draining patio - Non draining patio

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
Patiopool

I have recently had the patio at the rear of my house extended by a contractor. The patio is tiles laid over concrete to match the original .
Even with light rain the newly laid area does not drain and I am having to sweep it all the time. If I dont sweep it the water is 1-2 inches in depth. The original patio are drains freely even after heavy rain.
I believe the new patio has not been laid correctly and I need someone within striking distance of chichester to find the problem, prepare a quote and fix it for me. I should add that I intent to pursue the original contractor if his workmanship turns out to have been poor and I may need a report for the court.
Thanks.

dig dug dan

Before you get too excited, have you contacted the original contractor and asked him to put the defect right?
Unless you've done this first, then the court will not look favourably on any case you bring against them
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk
"a satisfied customer? we should have them stuffed!"

Tony McC
Site Admin

Unless you can declare that the working reklationship between you and the contractor has irretrievably broken down, you are obliged, under law, to give them 'first refusal' at making good. If you simply bring in someone else to carry out remedial work, you have accepted all respoonsibility on yourself....and destroyed any evidence to prove the original work was at fault.

And no! Photographs/video of "how it used to be" would not be accepted by a court. They expect an independent and impartial assessor to inspect the site and report on what can be seen at the time of the assessment.

You have to give the original contractor notice of the faults and allow them to inspect for themselves. There are ways and means of bringing in an alternative instyaller, but these can can only be used after the original contractor has been given ample notice and opportunity to respond.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert