Laying method sandstone paver driveway - Is this suitable for concrete base?

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
n3il101

I am planning on using sandstone pavers to relay my driveway (35m^2). I have already got my geotextile and subbase done and I was planning on bedding directly on a 100mm bed 3:1 mix, however I was going to have help with the mixing but with the current situation I will be doing it on my own, so am considering the indirect bedding method.
As I had only left for a total 100mm bed, would it be ok to have a 70mm concrete base then 30mm mortar?
If so how do I create the concrete base? 3:1 mix and tapped down with straight edge? Can it be a semi dry mix?
Or does it have to be the pre-mixed delivered type?
I’ve already got enough sharp sand for the 100mm base so hence why I would prefer to make/mix the base myself.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tony McC
Site Admin

Describe the pavers to me in more detail. Are they regular thickness or a bit of everything?

If these are all a regular thickness, then I'd screed the bed; if not, they need laying as setts - https://www.pavingexpert.com/setts03

70mm of concrete is barely sufficient to support its own mass. 100mm is widely regarded as the minimum thickness for cast-in-situ concrete without reinforcement and/or additives.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert