Staining 5 days after after aspect easyjoint - ?

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
Karanbajwa

Hi all wondering if someone could help a novice out I have laid riven kandla grey on a full bed 6 to 1 mix with a sbr bond bridge.

I pointed a few days ago with easyjoint and completely saturated with water and cleaned/brushed off as recommended. It all looked pretty good to be honest for a few days.

Then we had the first rain and the next morning 2 of the slabs had stains as if a liquid has been spilled on them with a clear centre and black/dark edge. Any ideas as to what this could be? Residue from easyjoint? Only appeared after the first rain 5 days after pointing.

Karanbajwa

[https://photos.app.goo.gl/smU7h3dfAjXzYoyi7]

I have attached a photo, in the corners the circular staining almost looks like reflective staining but how could this be if I used a full mortar bed (or attempted too - I am a first timer).

Any ideas from anyone as to what this is? This is the only one of 2 slabs affected.

Tony McC
Site Admin

That's not reflective staining: it's grease or summat similar. Did anyone drop a sausage butty prior to jointing? Or drip mayonnaise from a Chicken Sub?
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

Karanbajwa

Thank you for you reply I appreciate it.

Lol definitely no food or anything else dropped on

Could it perhaps be something left over from the easyjoint?
I did thoroughly wet the paving and clean after.

Strangely it only showed up 4 days or so after the pointing after the first rain. ?

I've tried scrubbing a sponge and soapy water and it lightens but does not come off?

Any suggestions for removal?

Tony McC
Site Admin

I can't be certain about precisely what is causing the markings without examining the paving first hand.

Try scrubbing with hot, soapy water (just a dash of detergent) and rinsing off before it dries. May need repeated treatments.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

Karanbajwa

Thank you Tony your advice is much appreciated.