Am i heading for disaster or is my plan ok.

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
Smarterzippo

Hi all

I would just like to double check my installation methods before i make any balls up, I have quite a light sandstone so concerned with staining.

Plan as follows,
Laying on a full 6:1 bed
Use sikaLatex SBR with OP cement to create a slurry to coat the back just prior to laying.
Wait a week or so unitll all completey dry the seal all the paving, (yet to select a suitable sealer)
Finally point in the paving using EasyJoint,

I thought sealing the paving before using the EasyJoint was a good idea as i do not won't to risk the linseed oil in the Easyjoint staining the surface.

Please tell me if i am making a glaring error.

Many thanks

Tony McC
Site Admin

To avoid the linseed/rape oil from EasyJoint staining the paving, choose a genuinely good 2-part resin mortar that doesn't rely on a doping oil.

I've seen far too many failures, from minor crumbling to total loss, to ever recommend any of the 1-part jointing compounds any longer. They were miraculous for a few years, but, in my opinion, they've been left standing with their kecks around their ankles by the good 2-part mortars. I know some of them are, on occasion, "fairly good" but is 'fairly good' good enough for a once-in-a-lifetime patio project?

I'll continue to show them on the webiste, because there is still demand for them, but I won't ever recommend any of them, whther they are 'fairly good' or not.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert