What sealer to use on my flags? they are polished? - Sealer? maple flags from jewsons

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
callumscully

could anyone help as to what sealer to use of my flags i have been told that the wrong one could discolour when wet the colours really come out and look awesome thanks
c. scully

RAPressureWashing

I've never heard of "Maple" can you post a photo of the paving?
Roger Oakley BDA(Europe)Member 2006
R&A Pressure Washing Services Ltd
info@rapressurewashing.co.uk
www.rapressurewashing.co.uk

Tony McC
Site Admin

It's one of the really soft, garishly coloured, Indian sandstones - not quite as repugnant as Rainbow, but heading in that direction. :p
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

RAPressureWashing

Tony McC wrote:It's one of the really soft, garishly coloured, Indian sandstones - not quite as repugnant as Rainbow, but heading in that direction. :p
Ah right, to the OP, that paving then will drink sealer, I'd leave it and don't seal, just keep it clean a couple of time a years.

If you do go the sealing route do NOT, use a surface forming sealer. It has to be an impregnating sealer for outside natural stone, IMO.
Roger Oakley BDA(Europe)Member 2006
R&A Pressure Washing Services Ltd
info@rapressurewashing.co.uk
www.rapressurewashing.co.uk

Tony McC
Site Admin

Yes, Roger, it does indeed drink sealant, and it hangs on to moisture within its structure for longer than a lot of other stones, so it's one of the worst for being hit with 'Cloudy Sealant Syndrome'.

I'd agree about the impregnator, definitely, and if it must be sealed, I'd leave it a month or two until we've had a week of really hot, dry weather to ensure as much of the moisture is driven off as is possible.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert