Should i know better? - Reisn bound driveway

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
mickavalon

I've been asked to quote for a driveway(130m2), and the client's interested in Resinbound, with an edge detail, planting borders and 500mm wide entrance band in reclaimed setts. Part of the drive is existing tarmac, approx 90m2, in good condition, so we're going to use it and coat over the top. The rest is Lawn, some of which will be given over to borders/tree planter, the rest they want to extend their parking area. Now here's the question, given that we'll obviously prep it properly, would it be better to get the "Lawn" bit tarmaced(?) to form the base layer for the resin, or would a system similar to Terrabase be suitable?
Gi it sum ommer

Tony McC
Site Admin

Again, apologies for the late response...... and the answer is either/or.

You'd need to do a costing exercise to determine whether the TerraBase would be effective over a smaller area. I did some 'back-of-an-envelope' calculations a couple of years back and reckoned that, as a surfacing system, it beat the usual mac+resin-bound on cost once the area was over 42m², but I know there have been proce changes since then as its popularity gfrows, so i8t may be worth repeating the exercise.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

mickavalon

Cheers Tony, I've not had 5 mins to look at it, cost wise, yet, mad busy. I'm going to cost for both, and I'll let you know the outcome. As it's a system we've used before, and we can do in house, so to speak, it's my preference. We don't do tarmac, so it would involve subbing it out. I think I was more sounding out the idea.
Gi it sum ommer