Jointing sand - Setting or loose?

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
Trident0653

Hi,
Have laid a block driveway and path. Waiting for the rain to stop before we joint the omega blocks. Question is does any body recommend the jointing sand that is then wetted so it sets hard? Does this create problems later on?
Also, experiences of any problems with sealing the driveway at all?

many thanks for any help/advice.
SteveC

jwill

You just want kiln dried not a jointing compound

RAPressureWashing

Trident0653 wrote:Hi,
Have laid a block driveway and path. Waiting for the rain to stop before we joint the omega blocks. Question is does any body recommend the jointing sand that is then wetted so it sets hard? Does this create problems later on?
Also, experiences of any problems with sealing the driveway at all?

many thanks for any help/advice.
As said above, Kiln Dried sand, as for sealing, try to avoid it if you can, far to early in the year to be even thinking about it anyway, you'd be looking at May onwards possibly?, but everything needs to be perfect, blocks need to be clean & dry, so does the sand, then no rain forecast for X amount of hours, plus you can't walk on it for X amount of hours etc. I stopped sealing Block paving years ago, as they are more of a pain in the a**e then anything.
Roger Oakley BDA(Europe)Member 2006
R&A Pressure Washing Services Ltd
info@rapressurewashing.co.uk
www.rapressurewashing.co.uk

Tony McC
Site Admin

Sorry for the tardy response - I've been busy getting the new website up-and-running - but there is a method to wash-in jointing sand when the block surface is damp and just won't dry out.

In fact, there *will* be a page covering this technique on the new site, once I'm confident it's stable, but if you email me (tony at name-of-website.com) I can send you the text whjich is probably enough to guide you for now....
Site Agent - Pavingexpert