Grey slate paving scratches

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
Thermo

Ok probably a daft question, but this one is doing my mind in. i laid a grey brazillian slate patio for a customer back in september. (she had decided she wanted grey slate, i provided a sample which she was happy with) She was very pleased with it and no problems, however now she is complaining that it is showing white scratches. ive had the supplier come out and look at it and he has said its grey slate, its what it does. She is now no longer happy and im somewhat stuck in the middle. Everyone else i have spoken to has said the same thing, its grey slate, its what it does.
Is everyone elses experience of grey brazillian slate the same?

Tony McC
Site Admin

All stone, whether it's slate, granite, sandstone, limestone, quartzite or anything else, will scratch. That's because much of the stuff we use above ground (patio tables, bikes, lawnmowers, etc.) has a higher hardness index (remember the Moh's scale about diamonds and talc?) than the stone we use for paving.

No-one can guarantee that whatever paving is supplied, even if it's porcelain, will be scratch-proof. It's a basic fact of the universe: sh!t happens!

Your client will have to be disappointed but, rest assured, even if she attempted to sue you, there is no case - you can't be held liable if the client behaves in a manner that results in scratch marks to the paving in exactly the same way that Ford of BMW cannot be held resposnible for scratch marks on their cars once they've been sold.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

agree with Tony,however as we know slate is one of the easier stones to scratch
LLL :)
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE