Picture framing - Advice

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
JOHN070389

Hi looking for some advice on picture framing, have done a
driveway at home using Indian stone and now ive pointed it it has left a picture frame effect, followed the instructions and confident it was done correctly. Willll this just disappear on its own or is stuck the flags indefinitely. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
John joned

Tony McC
Site Admin

What have you used for the jointing, John?
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

JOHN070389

I used a jointing compound called joint it supplied by the place i got the paving from. Have used it before quite a few times and never had a problem before, thats why its got me quite stumped as too why it has happened this time.
John joned

Tony McC
Site Admin

Is it a new stone for you? Some sandstones are far more porous that others and will draw in more of the doping oil which is the main cause of picture framing.

Joint-It isn't usually one of the worst offenders when it comes to Picture Framing, and when it does occur, it tends to weather out fairly quickly, whereas some other products use much thinner doping oils, which then penetrate further and deeper and can be harder to shift. Also, certain oils are more appealling to various forms of microscopic life-forms and so turn dark and establish themselves more firmly.

I'd suggest giving it a month and then review. Take photies now so that you can compare just before xmas rather than rely on memory. If you still think there is a problem then, give Gary in Milltown a call - he's normally very helpful in these matters.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

JOHN070389

Ok Tony. Thanks for your help will tske photos and see how it goes. Thanks again
John joned