Filling small gaps - How and what please

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
kimbo

Advice on product for repairing my patio ( done 4 years ago )

Stonemarket fast jointing compound was used. I need to re grout around a paver that was re-laid. There are also some very tiny gaps around other pavers, only a few here and there. I would like to fill the gaps to prevent them getting worse.

Can anyone suggest a suitable product ? I have seen Sika patio fix, but it says for wide joints so assume it would be no good for my needs.

Thank you

Tony McC
Site Admin

Stay away from the Sika product - sad to say it's a disappointment. Most 1-part resin mortars are, but Sika, given the brand name, is a particular let down.

You could return to the StoneMarket/Marshalls product, or look at one of the good 2-part resin mortars as possible alternatives. The trouble is, it's a lot of money for fixing just a few gaps, and if holes/gaps are already developing in the jointing, the likelihood is that even more will appear over time.

Some of the better 1-parts have a facility to be stored for a few months, and re-used as required, so that might suit you better, but then you are not getting the perfomance that a 2-part would provide.

I think I might be tempted to [patch-up with more of the StoneMarket/Marshalls jollop, see how it fares over the coming winter, then review next Spring to see whether it's lasted or whether it might be worth hacking out what's left of the original jointing and replacing it with a reliable 2-part.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert