Advice on laying porcelain

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
nabby68

I plan to lay 68msq of Overland Silver Porcelain 20mm and 900x450. Plan to use a brick bond effect when laying. I have prepared the sub base and got all my drainage sorted. My garden is on two levels with steps up to the top level.
Ive done quite a lot of research regarding porcelain laying but just want to make sure I've got everything covered. So far I have learned
1. Application of SBR primer to adhere to mortar

2. Cut with a continuous good quality diamond blade. Although I only have a 110 mm grinder, will this be adequate?

3. I plan to have 5mm grout lines so will need to be spot on with levels so any advice with regards to that appreciated.

4. Keep SBR off the face of the tile and clean off immediately.

Any other advice or pitfalls to avoid would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Tony McC
Site Admin

Everything you need to know is provided on the main website - Laying Porcleain Paving
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

rich89

I was told not to use SBR, I used the primer suggested by the supplier which is EasyPrime by Azpects. It sticks like the proverbial.

If you need to cut the tiles and you're going to use a wet saw cutter, get a decent blade and dress it A LOT!

Diamond sanding blocks are really good for tidying up the cut edges. 200 grit. ATS sells them.

Tony McC
Site Admin

Rich - can you guess what is the main ingredient in EasyPrime? Give you a clue: it's a three letter acronym. :D
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

rich89

Tony McC wrote:Rich - can you guess what is the main ingredient in EasyPrime? Give you a clue: it's a three letter acronym. :D

Ha! Yes I am sure it is! But didn't want to find out the hard way that there is something special in the recommended stuff... 12 months after laying it all...