What looks better downpipe to aco drain? or - Downpipe straight into acid rain? or

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
George91

Hi I’m going to install a aco drain against my house, should I have the down pipe straight into the aco or a hopper/trap next to aco drain?

What looks more professional?
If a hopper should I have a bottle trap with a inlet for the aco drain and have no trap on the aco drain?

Regards George
George

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

I prefer a shoe on the bottom of the downspout
looks better
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Tony McC
Site Admin

It's always best to 'trap' a SW drain, whether it's a gully or a linear channel. At the very least, it helps control "odours" that can affect any SW system.

Whether you connect the linear channel via a gully, a sump unit or a P-trap doesn't really matter, but I would most definitely "trap" the connection somehow.

Downspouts plumbed directly into the linear channel by cutting a hole in the grating are fine, if you like that look, but if you do choose that option, make sure there's a leaf-guard fitted at the channel outlet, as leaves from the roof will be washed directly into the channel and they have a nasty habit of obstructing outlets. Downspouts with a standard shoe-fitting discharging onto a channel with grating rely on the grating to act as the "leaf-guard" so blocked outlets tend to be less of a problem.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

Tony McC
Site Admin

It's always best to 'trap' a SW drain, whether it's a gully or a linear channel. At the very least, it helps control "odours" that can affect any SW system.

Whether you connect the linear channel via a gully, a sump unit or a P-trap doesn't really matter, but I would most definitely "trap" the connection somehow.

Downspouts plumbed directly into the linear channel by cutting a hole in the grating are fine, if you like that look, but if you do choose that option, make sure there's a leaf-guard fitted at the channel outlet, as leaves from the roof will be washed directly into the channel and they have a nasty habit of obstructing outlets. Downspouts with a standard shoe-fitting discharging onto a channel with grating rely on the grating to act as the "leaf-guard" so blocked outlets tend to be less of a problem.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert