Hard core - Okay to use old cement as hard core?

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
Raj

I had a block paver say the old cement on my driveway is okay to use in places as the hard core as it's stronger than anything he could replace it with. It does have some pitting in it and gauges not completely level. Another paver said it would cause sinking later on to 'reuse it. Which is correct? Also how much should I expect to pay to have 385 square metres block paved, including all ground works and vat etc?

dig dug dan

Your post is unclear. Are they laying ontop of an exisitng solid concrete base? If so, get rid and get a professional in.
If they are planning on recycling the old concrete drive by using it as hardcore under the new drive, then they know what they are talking about.
It will need to go through a crusher first though!
We cannot comment on a price as it depends on so many factors. No kne really prices by the sqm nowadays
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk
"a satisfied customer? we should have them stuffed!"

Raj

No they one of them plan to go directly over it rather than reuse the stone and mash it up, as far as I am aware. I see i have had quote from almost 50k down to 19k so I just don't know what is right.

Tony McC
Site Admin

Have a read of this FAQ first then come back to tell us whether the DPC levels are going to be a problem......
Site Agent - Pavingexpert