Thinner slab

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
radtanto

Hi

I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice from the experts. Please excuse any glaring omissions or silly assumptions.

I've recently had my raised front garden taken out so I can make extra car parking space in the front garden. The inspection chamber (see photos) was orginally 3 or 4 birck courses high, the biscuit was removed and the courses removed. The biscuit was replaced and is now as low as it can go.

I'd like to know if there is anyway to reduce the thickness of the biscuit, by using a thinner biscuit, or remove the biscuit completely and use a recesed frame and cover mounted direcly on the brick course (assuming I can find a similar size)

I'm planning on a block paved drive and would ideally like to reduce the gradient by reducing the height of the current cover, even by just a few inches. I asked my landscaper if he had any ideas and he wasn't sure.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

regards

radtanto

seanandruby
Site Admin

You need to check to see if a cover and frame will span that brickwork. Another alternative is a thick metal plate to span lay across it, remember you need to keep the opening whatever. Maybe your local scrap yard would have a good sold piece? Or two.
sean