Residential ribbon drive with pavers - Bringing it all together

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
LeroyMakins2018

For my ~600 linear foot driveway, I'm interested in creating a ribbon driveway (grass down the middle). At various point (where there is likely to be daily wheels on the ground (i.e. at intersections), and where I am guessing there to be additional turning force exerted on the drive), I was thinking I would use pavers for the full width of the drive. For the other areas, I was looking at using a driving grid, filled with dirt and planted with steppable plants. This area will get vehicular traffic during parties, etc as people are parking.

Here's an overview of the look.

If the ribbon is constrained to the areas in yellow in this aerial image, and the areas in yellow are flat and level, how bad of an idea is this?

Tony McC
Site Admin

The introduction of ribbon planting or different paving elements will weaken the overall structure. To counter this, you need seriously robust edge restraint, which as I mentioned in a previous answer to you, is a whole different scenario in your location to that what we use in Britain and Ireland. So, once again, I can only advise that you seek local knowledge, particularly what the suppliers of the cell pavers suggest be used when their product is used in conjunction with block pavers.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert