Adhesive marks on new porcelain patio - Help required

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
Brown4s

Hi everyone,

We have just had a porcelain patio laid and whilst we are happy with the finished job, we are not so happy with white adhesive marks showing on some grey wood effect porcelain tiles on the surface.

Having cleaned with warm soapy water and a hard yard brush I have now tried my jetwash but the marks are still not shifting.
I have heard horror stories about certain cleaning products for porcelain going wrong but really don’t know what to do now, we are not going back to the builders as that was a stressful experience in itself. I would rather try and sort this myself.

Please please, anyone who has any advice etc would really be appreciated.

Tony McC
Site Admin

Adhesive marks? Do you mean from the primer that was/should have been used to bed the flags?

If it is SBR or a slurry primer, then it could well be permanent. Some proprietary slurry primers will dissipate when spot treated with a strong-ish acid clener such as concrete etching fluid, but even then it can take several treatments and it's not guaranteed to work. There's also a risk it could discolour the porcelain, just depending on how good a product it is (the porcelain, that is).
Site Agent - Pavingexpert