Oil stains but no leak from my car?

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
MrNeil

Pulling my hair out with this.

I moved into my shiny new house 3 months ago, absolutely love it. Couple of weeks ago I get some grumpy messages and photo's from the wife saying my car leaking oil on the drive. I am also concerned because the warranty on my car expires next week.

I crawl all over it and can't find any signs of a leak. I assume it must be another car, maybe a trademan or courier using the drive temporarily.

Last couple of days there are more. I took my car to a local garage and got it on a ramp. We look all over it. Undertray off, all clean, no signs of a leak.

This morning, more oil spots!!! WTF is going on?

Someone at work suggested as its newly laid tarmac which is oil based it could be sweating oil after being heated by the recent hot weather and then I plonk my red hot engine over it? anyone ever heard of this?

MrNeil

Here's some examples, ignore the rings. The non ringed stains are also the problem.

bobbi o

could it be the vehicles air-con dripping ?

As the drive looks to be covered in cement residue, this may be making it stand out.

If it is oil, put some dry sand on the spots and leave it for a few weeks and it should disappear over time.

Then you may want to apply a Tarmac restorer to bring it back to black.

Dave_L
Site Admin

Yep, thats the vehicle air conditioning evaporator dripping water once the car is parked. Chuck a bit of cardboard down and you'll see it wet within half hour.
RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page