Paddy's day

General banter, tradesmen, recommendations and warnings, surplus materials, humour and owt else!
seanandruby
Site Admin

Today is the ( drinkers only ) official end of lent. Nice Guinness waiting at the bar.
Have a good one if your Irish, or just a plastic :;): :)
sean

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

yep the irish and scottish end of lent ,I gave up gambling this year, or losing as I liked to call it
LLL :;):
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

seanandruby
Site Admin

lutonlagerlout wrote:yep the irish and scottish end of lent ,I gave up gambling this year, or losing as I liked to call it
LLL :;):

...Same, i just lose on the major ones now, national, derby etc: saving a fortune lol :p
sean

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

what i do as an antidote ,i note down the name of the horse,football team or boxer I fancy ,then see what I would have won
in nearly 3 months I would have been 400 quid down
:)
its one new years resolution I may stick with
cheers LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Tony McC
Site Admin

I've never gambled. I never got the taste for it.

One of the lads who worked for my owld fellah in the 60s, a sinewy little bloke from Fermanagh, would spend every spasre minute reading the form in the Racing Post. He taught me how to read form and what all the strange abbreviations meant, but he also taught me, inadvertently, that the gamblers tended to need more subs on the wages during the week than the lads that didn't back the horses or the dogs.

I don't even do the lottery....although my littlest sister, who does like a bit of a bet, bought me 50 lottery scratch cards for my 50th birthday, and, not one word of a lie, I won 50 quid! I wasted half an hour scratching away with a 2p coin, and got that silvery-rubbery crap all over me kex, and got exactly what she paid out. Wouldn't it have been easier just to give me the 50 quid?
Site Agent - Pavingexpert