I wanna build a shed ......................

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
Tony McC
Site Admin

That's called 'character', when a shed gets like that. It's only just coming into its own!

I have a tin shed I stupidly bought thinking it would be more secure - I've seen matchboxes with more bant than that flimsy fecker! - and even after a decade it has zero character, but my lovely timber motorbike shed, at only 5 years old, is beginning to warp, and you have to shoulder the door to shut it properly, and the floorboards creak when the bike goes in, and it's abs-bloody-lutely crammed with stuff that "might come in useful one day" - exactly as a shed should be! :D
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

Forestboy1978

Soo...

I was thinking of threading some kind of catenery wire through DPM. Maybe get a wire that's rubber or PVC coated. Then pull the DPM over the roof and down the side between shed and fence. Attach the wire tight under the eves and pull tight. Pin sides of DPM to the shed sides vertically at each end thus negating the need to treat the timber.

In my head this works but in reality I'm not so sure.?

seanandruby
Site Admin

What time does the nurse bring your medication :p :;):
sean

Forestboy1978

seanandruby wrote:What time does the nurse bring your medication :p :;):
Ha.ha...

Will it work Sean? That is the question! Will it bloody work....lol

seanandruby
Site Admin

I honestly don't know. Will it trap moisture in, or keep it dry, will it start ripping with high winds..only one way to find out.
sean

Forestboy1978

seanandruby wrote:I honestly don't know. Will it trap moisture in, or keep it dry, will it start ripping with high winds..only one way to find out.
I forgot to mention.. the reason is cos the damn shed is not paintable due to proximity to the fence.

No way wind will tear the DPM due to being sandwiched between shed and fence but yes moisture could get trapped.

Perhaps, with this in mind I'll fix a weight to the bottom of the DPM and have it fixed in position 1 -2 inches away from the shed. If this can be achieved it should work.

seanandruby
Site Admin

Personaly if it's that close to your fence i would
just wallop it over a few times, seems a bit ott with membrane. But each to his own.
sean