No show for quote! - Didn't bother to even phone

General banter, tradesmen, recommendations and warnings, surplus materials, humour and owt else!
sandmonster

Sad to say my first post is a negative one.

Waited in friday evening for a contractor to turn up to give a quote. Didn't turn up. Didn't phone Hasn't responded to message left on phone.

I guess he may have met with an accident that has left him incapacitated so will reserve judgement, but I'm already a little bit pissed off with the process & unless the price and quote turn out to be outstanding, he already has a black mark against him against the 'reliability' factor.

Am I expecting too much? ???

seanandruby
Site Admin

No your not. Punctuality and good communication is must on my book. Could be a piss head who has a Friday flier then goes on a bender. Hope i'm wrong but signs don't look good. Ask around and see if he has form for this sort of thing. He should at leadt of phoned and apologised.
sean

michaelthegardener

I agree only twice in 13 years have I not turned up without phoning once when my gramps died and once when I nearly cut my fingertip off and didn't have there number on me at a&e but I did go in to see them on the way back home to apologise

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

I made an appointment last night after a routine dental checkup turned into an hour long lidocaine fest
I explained to the client that I couldnt drink tea and they thanked me for coming
bin him
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

sandmonster

And another one just now - these are firms off the main website list too surprisingly!
:(

PS If there's anyone on here who would like to quote for a driveway block paved in tegula or similar in M27 area, please get in touch!