Block paving around inspection chamber

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
sawtooth

Hi

I am in the process of refurbishing my driveway and want to take this opportunity to make good an area around the water inspection chamber. About 12 months ago the water board came out and replaced it whilst I was at work and seemed to add in some new blocks that are clearly not the same colour.

I have the correct blocks now so want to replace these shown.

Questions please.

1. Is there a better way to cut and arrange the new blocks around this chamber or shall I just copy what has been done?

2. I noticed that the chamber is actually lower than the rest of the block paving so it may have sank or they didn't set it correctly to start with. Is there anything that I can do about this now?

3. The gaps seem quite large next to the plastic, shall I use a weak mortar/sand mix here or just the normal kiln dried sand?

4. General question, when all done I will clean the paving with a pressure washer. Theres a lot of green weeds and moss on the paving, do I rake this out first, then re-sand before washing? Its about 8 years old and drive has never been cleaned. Any cleaner needed? or any tips would be much appreciated.

http://thumbsnap.com/NE4bdipb

jwill

Be better without small cuts. Perhaps headers all around would eliminate new small cuts and existing. Cover is telescopic you can wind up when removed pacing around.

sawtooth

Thanks , I assume by headers you mean framing the chamber in the same way as pictured with whole blocks?

There appears to be strange size blocks cut length wise and in half in the area to be re-paved but I don't see any way around not having to do the same to make everything fit.

Ta

seanandruby
Site Admin

sean

sawtooth

Thanks that's a very useful link!