Resin vs tarmac - Advice if cost wasn't an issue

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
HitchCheshire

Hi Everyone, This has probably been asked a ton of times so apologies in advance. I have been tasked by my family to sort a driveway and dropped kerb for the house. With the quotes I have had both tarmac and resin are just about within budget (albeit with the tarmac considerably cheaper than resin!) so cost isn't necessarily a factor.
The resin contractor has done work locally and has had repeat business (one chap brought them back 4 years later for a different project)
The tarmac contractor has also done work locally including some fairly large commercial projects.
Neither sub contract work - so are trusted as much as they can be.

I am just trying to work out whether the resin is worth the extra cost. As both contractors while trying to stay neutral are offering up a little bit of scaremongering about the others products!

Theoretically it will be a drive on/drive off(providing we don't get people blocking us in by parking on the dropped kerb!)

Is resin considered to be more durable in the long-term?
Has the lifespan of tarmac dropped now refinery process have become more advanced as some websites talk about?

I have spent the last 2 weeks trying to narrow the choice down but don't seem to be getting anywhere. Appreciate any comments or suggestions from anyone!
Nick

Pablo

Hi Nick,
Can you clarify what kind of Tarmac ? (Bitmac, SMA, Asphalt etc)
And what kind of Resin? (Bound or bonded) also what it's being laid onto?
Cheers
Can't see it from my house

HitchCheshire

Hi Pablo, just checked the quote for the preferred tarmac option and they haven't stated the type of tarmac being used, I had assumed asphalt.
For the resin option it's resin bound - we wanted the porous option.

Cheers
Nick