First time block paving questions - Go easy on me :)

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
FirstTimePaver

First of all, this website is the most thorough about any DIY subject I’ve ever seen! So much so, that I've decided to block pave my 60m2 drive myself, but I do have a few questions.

My drive is at the end of a 50 house cul-de-sac and we have no end of vans and lorries turning around and using my drive to make it easier for them. For this reason the ACOs I’m putting in are rated to 12.5T, and I want to make the foundations under it are as suitable as possible. Almost all the ACOs on drives I walk past don’t look great, some buckled, some broken, some sunk in places, and I’d like to avoid that if I can.

1. Does my rough sketch below seem sensible and the depths and positioning of concrete and sub-base correct?

2. Using large kerb stones in the orientation shown is ok to do? I want them to take any initial strain from tyres before my ACOs do.

3. A colleague of mine suggested maybe putting some 20mm galvanised steel conduit tubes under the length of the kerb stones and the ACOs. His theory was they might provide some reinforcement to stop certain parts sagging. A good idea? Any downsides? (hightlighted in blue on the image with a question mark on)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

excuse my dodgy MS Paint skills
Ben

jwill

Perhaps some bigger gear under the type1? 200mm ish of 30-75