Resin bound - Loose unbound aggregate

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
gavinruane

has anybody had any problems with resin bound aggregates shortly after installation.
i installed adbruf sterling silver on 2 jobs....which began to fall apart shortly after installation.
i have noticed they have now changed their aggregate to resin ratio from 4:1 to 3:1...i used the new ratio and everything was fine but the old ratio seems to be big trouble.....they are refusing to take any responsibility...and i am faced with a very big reinstallation cost....i have installed it to exact standards.
just wanted to know if anyone else has had any of these problems...it is only sterling silver...all other colours have been incredibly tough and hard wearing.
thanks guys.

Tony McC
Site Admin

Certain aggregate blends are known to be troublesome, but each supplier keeps that info well under their hats, so it's difficult to get an open and frank discussion.

The situation isn't helped by the fact that there is no official "standard" for resin bound surfacing, and no effective trade body.

However, as resin bound is becoming ever-more poopular, we are seeing a rash of incomers, on both the supply and the installation sides, which aren't really improving the situation. Prices are under enormous downward pressure and this, inevitably, is adding to problems with quality.

When problems are identified, the suppliers involved, whether it's the aggs or the resins, tend to duck out of sight, zip up and say nowt....and so problems persist.

If you're a regular installer, your only real lever is to threaten to take your business to a rival supplier.

Sorry, but I can't be much more help than that. Adbruf are one of the few companies that, for reasons I don't really understand, choose not to talk to me. About anything. Ever.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

gavinruane

thank you tony....i think you are exactly right on this.
patios,paths,driveways and full garden makeovers in the london and south east areas as well as resin bound installations