Combined drainage for kitchen and wc

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
raine

Hi guys,

Planning an extension and need a bit of advice on the drainage.

I want to combine kitchen drainage with WC drainage, and provide a rodding point, but I'm not sure what the detail would be? I also need to be able to cap the WC drainage, as it's only temporary during the build - there will be new WC provision elsewhere.

Would a trapped gully outside be appropriate, or stub stack with rodding eye under the kitchen sink? Not sure how best to connect the WC in either case.

I did a quick sketch but can't find a way to attach it. I'll try ASCII art instead!

The below-ground drainage has to go towards the bottom of the picture (i.e. underneath the house).

¦¦====
Outside ¦¦ WC
¦¦====
==============
¦¦Kitchen
¦¦ sink
¦¦
¦¦

seanandruby
Site Admin

You can take them both to a shallow inspection chamber and they will be roddable from there. Goong through the wall to a gully looks shite but sometimes needed, depending on circumstances. I have some surplus drainage cheap, in Sussex.
sean

raine

seanandruby wrote:You can take them both to a shallow inspection chamber and they will be roddable from there.

Would an IC work, given that the drainage will have to flow out of the chamber in the same direction it came in?

Note my comment that "the below-ground drainage has to go towards the bottom of the picture (i.e. underneath the house)."

seanandruby
Site Admin

Totally confused ???
sean

raine

New pic showing the direction that the drainage will need to run...

¦¦====
Outside ¦¦ WC
¦¦====
==============
¦¦Kitchen
¦¦ sink
¦¦ ¦
¦¦ ¦ Direction
¦¦ \¦/ of drain
¦¦

Sorry, I know the pic is a bit rubbish. Does that help?

Thanks for your help so far. :-)

seanandruby
Site Admin

You can have a rest bend popping up into kitchen 100ml. Run it under the house to an inspection chamber which makes it roddable. Alternativly put a gully in to run with a waste pipe through the wall, also to an inspection chamber. The I C will bevyou rodding point from outside the house.
sean

Tony McC
Site Admin

seanandruby wrote:Totally confused ???

Me too! How does sewage in-flow the same way as it goes out?

Is this a reflex arrangement?
Site Agent - Pavingexpert