Raised vegatable bed wall - foundation method

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
3ps

Ah come on.... I'm not saying I won't do it wet, I'm just saying I don't understand the process. I want to understand before I decide/start.
The comment above about end boards and rebar etc etc makes me understand a bit better what might be ahead of me.

I don't want to use sleepers as I have used wood before and it eventually rots (I'm not putting treated wood beside my veg patch) and I am now going for the long term solution which is proper brick walls. Beyond this I also have an equivalent fruit garden to do.... and eventually replace my patio with similar colour.... so I want to tie to all together into one scheme.

Looks like I will be doing it wet so......

KAMIKAZEE DIY

Could you not just dig out channel for foundations and fill/compact hardcore to necessary level? If its just garden walls
surely that would give enough stability.

I should state I'm not a paver or builder but seems like your making things hard for yourself.

The guys that have offered you advice will be talking from experience.

Good luck
Cheers

rxbren

Needs to be concrete if you want it to last

seanandruby
Site Admin

Ok 3p now your taking it on board, so you can move on. Any kind of edge restraint needs a footing with cbm. Don't forget the weep holes in your intended brickwork :;): :)
sean