Advice on possible bad job - Need advice on drain gully

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
madmogga

Hi i have just had my drive block paved and have a drain gully across the width of my drive split in the middle when it hits the porch step, my issues which i would like to check is that when this gully was installed it dose not have enough drop on one side to completely drain. this section is about 6 mtr in length i have the drain hole at one end it looks like in the middle of this section it slopes slightly the wrong way so at the end opposite the drain hole the gully needs to fill up about 30mm before their is enough height to get over the high spot and start to drain.

when i question this i was told this was normal an not to worry its the way my drive slopes ? but i am not sure that this is correct and its more down to a poor job getting the levels and drop off correct, so my question is should i have about an inch or water in my gully before it starts to drain.

also their are no ends on the gully the butt straight against the block paving brick so i think a lot of the water is just soaking away at the wrong end

I hope i have explained my problem ok and would appreciate any advice as i need to pay them now.

rxbren

it sounds wrong pics will help the drain should flow the same way unless there is two drain exits which does not sound the case. either way everything should fall to the drain so if there is a backfall in the drain then its not a quick fix as surrounding paving should be lifted to accommodate the raised drain