Anyone know anything about vintage fire extinguish

General banter, tradesmen, recommendations and warnings, surplus materials, humour and owt else!
michaelthegardener

Anyone know anything about vintage fire extinguishers ? had a poke round a customers garage today to see what tools wanted :) and among all the nice woodworking handtools I found a brass fire extinguisher its unused and the only markings on it are port of Bristol where he worked im guessing its safe enough to polish and hang on the wall ??? anyone know if theres any danger :P

seanandruby
Site Admin

I think you will need to get it emptied by a pro' to be safe. They do sell for good money sometimes depending on make age etc: i could take it off your hands ( free of charge ) if your worried it may explode :;): :p
I collect any old shite and upcycle. Any photo's.
sean

michaelthegardener

yeah I was thinking that its a bit dented and has nothing on it except port of Bristol on the handle im happy enough to keep it I like old stuff signs are my favourite but allways to much money to buy em :( photo bucket dosnt seam to be working right at the mo what other site can I use ? then ill put some pics up

michaelthegardener

ive also got a vice vice I just cant seam to sell em on like I intend :D must have 6 or 7 now :p

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

love old stuff like this,a lot of the time its more historical interest than anything,I usually clean and keep any old bottles we dig up
the old glass is much more interesting than new stuff
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

michaelthegardener

yeah I love old stuff :) got a few nice planes hammers set squares screwdrivers etc out of the garage to and a nice old empty oil can cant remember the brand but its recommended for all British built tractors :p photobucket still not working for me what else can I use ?

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

I am struggling too with image hosting site right now,any good suggestions welcome
LLL
:)
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE