Finished my dads patio on sunday - Worried about steps breach dpc threshold

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
Forestboy1978

OK so, obv the step were gonna breach 150mm distance but that pretty damn near breached the the actual DPC itself.

I flashed the wall above the DPC at the doorway itself going up the the threshold of the opening but I'm concerned about the parts of the steps to the right and left of the doorway of course with them being the parts that can transport the damp upwards through bricks above. Also the air bricks are bang next to the step.

Should I cut the steps down on the right and left or do you reckon I'll ge away with it?

Ta

https://www.dropbox.com/sh....aa?dl=0

digerjones

It looks a modern house. So I would think it will be fine, wouldn't worry about it.
dylan

Forestboy1978

what about the splash back into the air bricks though. Do you think I should flash up half of each air brick just to get a bit of distance away?

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

step could have been a lot narrower,normally for steps I go door width plus 50-100mm
the job looks tidy enough and bet your dad is chuffed
LLL :)
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Forestboy1978

Yeah he is chuffed but he paid for it. Bought him a patio heater for xmas which I've given him already and am building him a verandah over next year when I have time which he's not paying for. That's next years xmas and birthday present. The lucky sod... but... he's been a stellar dad really. Deserves it