Land drain wrap

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
Rick

To help provide some drainage from the surface, I have dug a nice long trench for a land drain.
Intent is 50mm gravel under a perforated pipe (80mm) then cover pipe to depth of 50mm with gravel.
While lot wrapped in Geotech membrane.

Question in on Getech membrane ... is the Black woven 'Terram' material suitable for this ?
Or is it better to use the white non-woven ... thought more of as 'weed control' type.

I have both types.

Once laid and trench fill reinstated the whole area will have a layer of non-woven Geotex, then a depth of 50mm bark.

seanandruby
Site Admin

Don't use weed control membrane. Black ok. Don't forget to wrap pipes and line trench.Cut membrane long enough to fold over and cover top of trench.
sean

Rick

... you say wrap pipe ? I will be lining trench before putting stone & pipe in .. wide enough to provide full overlap .... why wrap pipe as well ?

I will happily use the black woven .. any reason why non-woven (white) can't be used ... the roll I have was excess from a have SuDS project.
Or was it my use of 'weed control' words were at fault - just meaning to differentiate between black woven and white non-woven.

seanandruby
Site Admin

Just belt and braces. Usually wrap the pipe if very silty soil. line the trench otherwise the stone will silt up eventually.
sean

Rick

OK .. Thanks