Paving bricks - Any help please

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
Zoe

Hello
We have dug up some bricks in our back garden and would like to relay them but found out about them is working out hard work seems like no where is selling them
On this site it said they were called axehead bricks but we are founding it hard working out how they are put down
I have a picture of anyone can talk me though adding it here

seanandruby
Site Admin

Hi Zoe.
If you look at the main page, at the top is noticeboatrd, click on that and Tony has put a detailed explanation on "how to upload photo's."
sean

Zoe

Zoe

Think I've uploaded a picture these are the ones we have found in my garden any help I would be grateful

Tony McC
Site Admin

And these are in Britain or Ireland? They are very rare, then, and must have been brought in by someone as a special load.

As far as I know, they have never been manufactured over here, although I know which company has the licence to do so. For all sorts of silly reasons, shaped blocks (as opposed to plain rectangles) have never really caught on in Britain and Ireland, whereas you will see axeheads, S- and W-blocks, I-pavers and so much more in every country of the continent and across North America.

Unless you were exceptionally lucky and chanced upon a salvage yard with remarkable stock, you are not going to find a match this side of the Channel, and it would costs illy money to bring them over from Holland or France, so either use what you hav eto make a feature panel, or forget about them.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

Zoe

I'm in the south of England
We were digging up our back Garden and didn't realise they were under a good foot of soil and rocks
We have like three different types and it's hard trying to work out how they fit and go together