Help and suggestions needed please for a path

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
fatwelshbuddha

Hi guys

First post here since coming across the superb PavingExpert site.

I have recently erected a new workshop on a large extended concrete base which is edged with concrete blocks (the base sits above the soil level). I am facing the blocks with a mix of uneven sized cobbles dug out of the garden (I suspect they came from an old wall which was knocked down and buried - house dates from c1760 and was originally the stables to an oast house). around the timber base of the workshop is chicken wire to keep rodents etc out.

I have a large (nearly full) builders bag of 20mm pebbles (gifted by a neighbour who over ordered!).

I'm thinking I'd like to lay these on the concrete base between the workshop and cobbled edge to create a path surface. path is about 1m wide at the front - 2m wide to one side which will have steps up to it (next project!). This area of concrete base is only on front and one side of the workshop like a L shape.

what's the best way of laying these pebbles?? I've thought of using a mortar mix and then rolling them into the surface; also looked at using resin but from what I can find it seems this is limited to 10mm aggregates. I don't want to spend ages faffing with laying the pebbles one at a time - I'd like a quick method.

thoughts and suggestions please!

ta
fatwelshbuddha

Tony McC
Site Admin

Site Agent - Pavingexpert