Help needed - drainage newbie - Pvc pipe into inspection chamber

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
mrshabbs

Hi All, I am seeking guidance from the drainage experts amongst you!. I am trying to insert a 110mm PVC drainage pipe into an existing manhole / inspection chamber. When I offer the pipe up to the spare inlet opening of the IC, the pipe goes inside the opening but is not a tight fit (the diameter of the pipe is 0-10mm too small for the IC opening). I can email an image if anyone can help, I cant see where to attach in the forum. Can anyone please help me out!! Kind Regards, Shane
mrshabbs

seanandruby
Site Admin

You need a reduucer. might get one at One of the sheds, . take exact measurements with you. You might need to buy a larger pipe to fit into collar before you can attach reducer.
sean

Tony McC
Site Admin

110mm dia pipe is 10mm too smal for the inlet? That can't be right!

Is the existing IC plastic or is it concrete/brickwork?
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

mrshabbs

Thanks to all those who replied to my thread. For anyone that may face the same problem in the future, here's how it was resolved. The IC is a Hepworth/Supersleve IC. (The name Supersleve was printed on the blanking plate of the Inlet Valve). Following guidance from a forum member, I visited my local builders merchants and asked if they had any spare adaptors that are supplied with the IC's when new. They commented that people often ask for the adaptors and as a result they keep a few in stock). The IC's are made for Clay Pipe's and as a result the Inlet Valve has a slightly larger diameter than the 110mm PVC pipe. Sure enough, once the adapter is inserted into the Inlet Valve the PVC pipe is a snug, sealed fit!! Best of all, the adaptor cost me nothing!! Thanks All :p
mrshabbs