Nissan cabstar tipper

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
parishpaver

My Transit tipper's got to "that" age....had a new clutch, water pump, sump and two oil changes (second one due to cracked sump) in the last month and now there is an as yet undiagnosed noise coming from somewhere at the back. I can't throw any more dosh at it....shame it's only done 80k....but I'll cut my losses.

A mate is changing his tidy 40k Cabstar for a fresh one and is offering it to me at the same money they have offered him on a trade in....the fact that he wants another speaks volumes to me, but I wondered if anyone had any good/bad experiences to share.

digerjones

I'm on my second. In my opinion they are a great truck. The only downside is the cab is small. I'm only 5'8" so not a problem. Mine is not the new type. I don't particularly like the look of these.
With having no bonet you can get in places you would struggle to get in with trany.
dylan

dig dug dan

digerjones wrote:I'm on my second. In my opinion they are a great truck. The only downside is the cab is small. I'm only 5'8" so not a problem. Mine is not the new type. I don't particularly like the look of these.
With having no bonet you can get in places you would struggle to get in with trany.
New shape ones are superb. Never had an issue. Mate has one 14 years old, 120.000 still going
they hold a lot more weight than a transit
at 40k, thats not a lot of mileage. As long as it has fsh, you will be fine.
LLL has an 07 plate, I think he has got on ok with it?
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk
"a satisfied customer? we should have them stuffed!"

Forestboy1978

I was looking at the isuzu grafter and cabstar for the benefits of the smaller cab and better payload. Decided on a trailer to be cautious but in the future I'll be buying one or the other of those so interested in this thread.