Pic sealer

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
scarr

Hi all,

How can I determine what sealer was used on my PIC drive? or does this not matter if I am going to re-seal it (without removing the old sealer)

Thanks

Steve

RAPressureWashing

Find out who laid the PIC? they should know, it will be an acrylic based product. Why are you having to re-seal it?
Roger Oakley BDA(Europe)Member 2006
R&A Pressure Washing Services Ltd
info@rapressurewashing.co.uk
www.rapressurewashing.co.uk

scarr

Thanks for the reply,

Can't find who did it :-( and reason I am re-doing it is it's worn off / fading in places.

I, like you, think it's an Acrylic but is there any way of testing for this with a solvent or something?

RAPressureWashing

scarr wrote:Thanks for the reply,

Can't find who did it :-( and reason I am re-doing it is it's worn off / fading in places.

I, like you, think it's an Acrylic but is there any way of testing for this with a solvent or something?
Yes there is, get some Xylene thinners, what you do is pour a bit of the thinners on the paving and it should start to soften the sealer, if it does this then yes it is acrylic, you use Xylene to remove effloresce that can be trapped under the sealer. I would do this test in an out the way area if you can. The only thing to beware of trying to put one type of sealer over another, as the original sealer might not take to the new sealer, and you could be left with a bit of a mess. Can you post a photo of the PIC you are going to be working on before you start this?
Roger Oakley BDA(Europe)Member 2006
R&A Pressure Washing Services Ltd
info@rapressurewashing.co.uk
www.rapressurewashing.co.uk