Draining a tarmac drive across grass verge - 2 options

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
Aalindo

So i do need to do the 1:25 towards the road across the verge? That is the element of the drive that is 'owned' by the council.

On my side of the gate (gravel drive) this will need to slope back down from the gate towards the house.
Thanks for the help.

seanandruby
Site Admin

Imagine you have a pavement falling towards the rd,
You can't just reverse the camber to fall towards your property ???
You need to fall towards the rd.
sean

Aalindo

I could understand it if that was the case here, but as you can see, there's no pavement or even road kerbs or edging. Just rough grass and mud sloping down from the road.
Thanks for the help.

seanandruby
Site Admin

I really don't undetstand why you would want all the excess water off the rd flowing onto your property, not to mention the silt ???
It's not ideal for your drive once past the threshold to fall towards your place but at least you can channel it away. I'm not sure what else you are looking for ???
sean

Aalindo

Sean,

The excess water from the road would not flow onto the property, it would flow down the tarmac drive across the verge and be intercepted by a linear drain under the gate where the tarmac will also transition to gravel.

My desire to have the tarmac fall from rather than to the road, is primarily to avoid having to raise my gravel drive approx 500m above current drive level, which will not only be expensive, but which will also look strange as it slopes up to the tarmac from my house then down again to the road.
Thanks for the help.

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

I would have a battered kerb 15mm above the road line and then tarmac from the natural fall to into a linear channel this channel would either discharge into a soakaway or just onto the verge either side
I believe that is just a generic drawing the council have sent you tony

cheers LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Aalindo

Thanks LLL.

That's exactly what i wanted to hear! Glad to know it's do-able. However, would you advise engaging with the council and getting approval before going against the spec?
Thanks for the help.

Aalindo

Sorry for the delayed reply. I ended up delaying the gates/fencing just to be on the safe side. However, when i spoke to Highways, they confirmed that it was indeed a generic drawing, and given the site layout/conditions, they will be happy if i slope the tarmac away from the road as long as i deal with the run-off in the appropriate manner.
Thanks for the help.